Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Amazing X-Ray specs

How I longed to possess the many goodies offered up, for mere cents, in the pages of the comics that were my staple diet of reading literature in my youth. Gorilla masks, sea monkeys, life size skeletons: most fascinating of all was the promise of seeing through walls, bodies and even - gasp - clothing! But America might as well have been Mars for an Australian boy in the 1960s -70s. Many years later the purchase of a pair of coloured cardboard glasses, two tiny eye holes overlaid with fine wire being the 'mechanism' for the promised 'X Ray vision' made me realise I was much better off wishing and desiring, than to have those dreams fulfilled. How many times has THAT philosophy borne true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Usage Policy


If you would like me to create some custom graphics for you
e - mail
me with your proposal.