Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My tribute to Rudolph Zallinger’s Great Dinosaur Mural at the Yale Peabody Museum

When I was young I had a beautiful book, that included fold-out pictures, called 'The world we live in', published by Life magazine. 
One of these fold-outs was of a panoramic scene showing dinosaurs.
I later learned this image was actually a giant mural, painted by Rudolph Franz Zallinger, and displayed at the Yale Peabody Museum in Connecticut. These images are my tribute to those paintings, that had such a large effect on my early life.
I could not decide which colour I liked best.

.





This dinosaur is actually part of a larger design, with it facing a giant butterfly, the two surrounded by roses. I imagine it will be finished before 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Usage Policy


If you would like me to create some custom graphics for you
e - mail
me with your proposal.